Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

How to start a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service in Cloudera 5.9.3

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I have followed the steps from the below document

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-9-x/topics/search_config_hbase_indexer_for_searc...

Upto the topic "Pointing a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service at an HBase Cluster that Needs to Be Indexed" 

are fine.

I have successfully configured  and skipped the topic "Configuring Lily HBase Indexer Security". since I dont have kerberous and sentry enabled cluster.

and continued  with the next topic  "Starting a Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service"

Actually I stuck here.

How do i start the Lily HBase NRT Indexer Service from cloudera or from machines.

When I executed with the below command to verify the current hbase-solr-indexer service status in each host

service hbase-solr-indexer status

It says "hbase-solr-indexer: unrecognized service"

even i checked with jps command

sudo jps -lm

there is no process in the name of 

com.ngdata.hbaseindexer.Main 

I am really confused that the hbase-solr-indexer is one like role instances of hbase service.

Thanks & Regards,

J.Ganesh Kumar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mentor
The command is only for non-Cloudera-Manager deployments like the documentation notes:

"""
In non-managed deployments, you can start a Lily HBase Indexer Daemon manually on the local host with the following command:

sudo service hbase-solr-indexer restart
"""

If you use Cloudera Manager then just add a new Service from the Clusters page of the type "Key-Value Store Indexer" shown in the new service list. Then proceed with configuring it from CM and starting it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mentor
The command is only for non-Cloudera-Manager deployments like the documentation notes:

"""
In non-managed deployments, you can start a Lily HBase Indexer Daemon manually on the local host with the following command:

sudo service hbase-solr-indexer restart
"""

If you use Cloudera Manager then just add a new Service from the Clusters page of the type "Key-Value Store Indexer" shown in the new service list. Then proceed with configuring it from CM and starting it.