Highlighted
New Contributor

hbase security.authorization

Hi,Cell level security in HBase 0.98

My Cloudera cluster is not kerboros configured and I am trying to create grants for the user getting below error in HBase

i do hbase security.authorization but i do not everything 

hbase(main):002:0> list
TABLE

ERROR: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:2303)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.getTableNames(MasterRpcServices.java:905)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:55650)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2170)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:109)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:133)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:108)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Here is some help for this command:
List all tables in hbase. Optional regular expression parameter could
be used to filter the output. Examples:

hbase> list
hbase> list 'abc.*'
hbase> list 'ns:abc.*'
hbase> list 'ns:.*'

Cloudera Employee

Re: hbase security.authorization

The observed error is nothing to do with HBase authorization rather it simply states that the HMaster is not yet completed it's initialization after startup. You can check the HMaster WebUI (look at the section called "Tasks" and search for something like "Startup") and see if it got stuck at any stage or check the HMaster role logs to see where it is stuck. There are multiple areas which may interfere with HMaster initialization like RegionSever WAL (distributed) splitting stage is more common. In older versions of CDH, system table 'hbase:namespace' could not get assigned within a reasonable time frame (due to unavailability of feature like HBASE-14674 HBASE-14190 HBASE-14729 etc). 

Also, keep in mind,The Cell level TTL feature has a requirement as "hfile.format.version" should be set to "3" 

Announcements