Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

user is not allowed to impersonate admin in hbase thrift server

Explorer

i am new in hbase developer, and i have a problem with my hbase.

for the first time, i can use hbase thrift server and can use hbase browser in hue very soft

but when my computer restart, and i start manually again the hbase thrift by command "hbase thrift start" in terminal. it returns "user root/myusername is not allowed to impersonate admin". 

i don't know why. i have changed all the configuration.

add "hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.hosts" and "hadoop.proxyuser.hbase.groups" with value "*"

and still don't change the error in the hue web UI.

anybody can help me ?

please i need somebody help, i can't continue my thesis.. 

thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

you might try adding the following to core-site.xml seems like the error is talking about the root group. 

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

If you are running cloudera manager, you need to add those in cloudera manager itself, the config is not in the traditional space, but instead in a seperate folder managed by cloudera for each individual service. Confusingly, the config is in the traditional space is for the "gateway".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Master Collaborator

you might try adding the following to core-site.xml seems like the error is talking about the root group. 

hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups=*
hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts=*

If you are running cloudera manager, you need to add those in cloudera manager itself, the config is not in the traditional space, but instead in a seperate folder managed by cloudera for each individual service. Confusingly, the config is in the traditional space is for the "gateway".