Support Announcements
Your home for information on the consolidated Support Portal, coming fall 2019
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Integrated Support Portal - Frequently Asked Questions

Cloudera Employee

We know you have questions about our new MyCloudera Support Case Experience. Fortunately, we have answers! Below are responses to common questions about the MyCloudera Support Case Experience. 

Be sure to check back often as we’ll continue to update this document based on new information and feedback. 

all customers.jpg

Why is there now a 24 hour delay on my escalation button? 

The Escalation button is grayed out for the first 24 hours of a case to allow the Support Team to ensure the case is assigned and troubleshooted. During this period you can comment on the case for any urgent request. 

I want a colleague to be updated on case activity.  How can I set this up?

Any registered user can be added as a Case Watcher to receive case related notifications. This can be done on the case page within MyCloudera. 

If I upload an attachment, how long will it remain in your system? 

Files uploaded by customers via our Support Portal will be deleted 90 days after the case is closed for most customers

For which products can I open an Upgrade Planning case?

Upgrade planning cases are currently only available for HDP products. 

What are the parameters around being able to reopen Support Cases? 

Customers are able to reopen Support cases 15 days after case closure. 

Will Case Numbers remain the same as they were in Legacy systems? 

Legacy Clouderan case numbers will have the same number as the legacy system. Legacy Hortonworks case numbers will change, but the legacy number will be added to the Subject line. 

legacy CLDRA.jpg

I am used to seeing Priority, not Severity. What is the difference?  

Cloudera now refers to all case impact and urgency levels with the term Severity. The definitions will remain the same under Severity that they are under Priority. 

Why doesn't my case content load when I go to the new portal?

Your browser is caching javascript and CSS files on your local storage. You need to clear your browser cache and cookies to fetch new files from the server.

legacy HWX.jpg

I cannot access the MyCloudera Portal and am getting an Invalid Username and Password error? 

The MyCloudera Support portal is a self-register portal. Your legacy Hortonworks portal login will not grant you access to the MyCloudera Support Portal. Please follow the below instructions to register: 

1. Register at: https://sso.cloudera.com/register.html  You will be sent an email with a validation link.
2. Please click this link to complete your registration.
3. Set your password
4. Login at https://sso.cloudera.com.

I am receiving the below error after attempting to log into the new portal:

CFP 012 - Your account is currently locked due to multiple failed login attempts. We are unable to initiate a password reset during a lockout event. This lockout will eventually expire, so please try again later.

Your legacy Hortonworks portal login will not grant you access to the MyCloudera Support Portal. Please follow the below instructions to register: 

1. Register at: https://sso.cloudera.com/register.html  You will be sent an email with a validation link.
2. Please click this link to complete your registration.
3. Set your password
4. Login at https://sso.cloudera.com.

How do I select the Severity of a case? 

Case Severity is determined by what you select in the following fields: 

• Request Type
  • Performance Impact
  • Environment of the chosen Asset

Will all of my Account information from the Legacy Hortonworks portal be available in MyCloudera? 

Yes. Your Support Subscription information is linked to your new account in MyCloudera. You will need to register to be able to access the support portal. 

Is SmartSense still available for existing customers? 

SmartSense is still operational in conjunction with Ambari for existing Legacy Hortonworks customers.

What new methods can I use to attach a file to a case? 

All Case attachments can now be uploaded directly to the case within the MyCloudera portal.

If you have any further questions please contact customerrelations@cloudera.com.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here