Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

AMBARI 2.7.4 AND Kafka Version

AMBARI 2.7.4 AND Kafka Version

Explorer

Hi,

What will be the Kafka version that we get when we newly install Ambari 2.7.4 and add kafka using 'add service' option ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: AMBARI 2.7.4 AND Kafka Version

@mhchethan The version of Kafka installed with Ambari 2.7.4 with HDP 3.1.4 is 2.0.0.

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 8.55.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 8.55.18 AM.png

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven

Highlighted

Re: AMBARI 2.7.4 AND Kafka Version

Explorer

@stevenmatison , Really Appreciate your response ! 

I forget to mention here is,  Basically my environment have two separate clusters - HDP and HDF. 

About HDP cluster:

HDP version i have is 2.6.2 .

Ambari version installed on HDP is 2.6.1. We dont have kafka in HDP 

About HDF cluster:

Ambari version installed on HDF is 2.6.1 running on SLES SP3
HDF version = 3.0.2.4 running on SLES SP3
Apache Kafka = 0.10.2 running on SLES SP3

Each HDP and HDF cluster has separate AMBARI installed. Currently we dont have support contract with hortonworks/cloudera. For this year it is discontinued. We may continue support contract again next year.   Existing HDF cluster has 5 kafka brokers, zookeepers services and ambari metrics installed that's it. Ambari 2.6.1 is installed over this HDF cluster

My Management is asking to have installed with open source kafka 2.5.0 latest stable version and to scratch out existing HDF cluster. But we are also exploring other option of installing new Ambari 2.7.4 and get Kafka version to at-least 2.0.0 and later. That's the intention 

So with this information, here is my plan: Can you please help me to get answer

Step 1) Scratching out existing AMBARI 2.7.4 on HDF cluster. 

Step 2) Remove  all existing services - kafka brokers (0.11 version) and zookeepers.

Step 3) Install New AMBARI 2.7.4

Step 4) Finally, add new kafka services using 'add services' option 

What will be the outcome of new kafka version after Step 4 ?  

Thanks

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here