Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

AMBARI-23825 fixed in Ambari 2.7.1?

AMBARI-23825 fixed in Ambari 2.7.1?

New Contributor

I am seeing a lot of errors related to my logfeeder, (I am running HDP 3.0.1, HDF3.2, Ambari 2.7.1). From a google search, the errors I am seeing are related to AMBARI-23825, but that particular issue shows it was fixed in 2.7.0...due to the slight mismatch between Hortonworks versions and the Apache version...not sure if it is fixed in the current Ambari version from Hortonworks.

I am not sure what the actual impact is of these errors, but I am seeing a ton of them (6277 events in the last 24 hours). I have noticed this issue since I installed the cluster, but am just now circling back to it. I don't see anywhere else to dig further into this to see additional logs that might shed more light on the matter. Is this familiar? Has that particular fix been implemented in the Hortonworks Ambari 2.7.1?

2018-12-03 15:38:32,950 ERROR LogFeederUtil.java:134 - Caught exception checkIn. , input=input:source=file, path=/var/log/ambari-logsearch-logfeeder/logsearch-logfeeder.json. Messages suppressed before: 1
java.lang.NullPointerException
2018-12-03 15:39:23,087 ERROR LogFeederUtil.java:134 - Error applying date transformation. isEpoch=false, targetDateFormat=yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS, value=2018-12-03T20:39:17,594. mapClass=map_date, input=input:source=file, path=null, fieldName=logtime
java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: 2018-12-03T20:39:17,594
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.time.FastDateParser.parse(FastDateParser.java:367)
	at org.apache.commons.lang3.time.FastDateFormat.parse(FastDateFormat.java:550)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.mapper.MapperDate.apply(MapperDate.java:89)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.plugin.filter.Filter.apply(Filter.java:114)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.filter.FilterGrok.applyMessage(FilterGrok.java:278)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.filter.FilterGrok.flush(FilterGrok.java:296)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.plugin.input.Input.flush(Input.java:214)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.input.file.ProcessFileHelper.processFile(ProcessFileHelper.java:70)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.input.InputFile.processFile(InputFile.java:311)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.input.InputFile.start(InputFile.java:290)
	at org.apache.ambari.logfeeder.plugin.input.Input.run(Input.java:171)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here