Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

API POST Error when Configuring Kerberos through wizard

Contributor

I am trying to enable Kerberos for my HDP-2.5 cluster. I have been following through the documentation but on the 'Install and Test Kerberos' the test is failing with the error shown below.

14061-kerberoserror.png

I am using an existing MIT KDC which I have installed on a separate box, and the JCE was unzipped for each host in the cluster.

The KDC connection was ok and I can't seem to find any other people with the same issue. Recently SSL was added to Ambari unsure if this is related. I have tried restarting the Kadmin server but with no avail.

Any help is much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Brendan Smith

Also please check if you have installed the following packages on your ambari server?

yum install krb5-server krb5-libs krb5-workstation

Specially the "krb5-workstation" or "krb5-devel" which contains the "kadmin" utility on the ambari-server host.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Brendan Smith

When you get the above mentioned error in the ambari UI, do you see a complete stackTrace of the error in detail inside the "/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log". Can you please post that error here?

Contributor

Hey there, yes the error is in there hopefully you can make more sense of it.

output.txt

Master Mentor

@Brendan Smith

Also please check if you have installed the following packages on your ambari server?

yum install krb5-server krb5-libs krb5-workstation

Specially the "krb5-workstation" or "krb5-devel" which contains the "kadmin" utility on the ambari-server host.

Contributor

Shouldn't the workstations be installed as part of the "Install Kerberos Client" which is being run successfully?

I did do the install on the Ambari host and am now getting a different message would this be because the server is now on the Ambari host.

14064-kerberoserrorv2.png

Contributor

Ok so I updated the /etc/krb5.conf file to the same found on the KDC host and it seems to work now. I didn't see this step anywhere in the documentation and thought the wizard would install the clients.

Thanks a lot!