Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

AWS Cloud Formation Template and/or Hortonworks AWS quick start guide

Highlighted

AWS Cloud Formation Template and/or Hortonworks AWS quick start guide

Contributor

Does anyone have an AWS Cloud Formation template for a cluster? I found a template for a Cloudera distribution (link - must sign into AWS to access) but I would like to use Hortonworks. Ideally the template would include:

• An Amazon VPC configured with two subnets, one public and the other private
  • A NAT instance deployed into the public subnet and configured with an Elastic IP address (EIP) for outbound Internet connectivity and inbound SSH (Secure Shell) access. The NAT instance is used for Internet access if any Amazon EC2 instances are launched within the private network
  • VPN connection to on premise datacenter
  • Security groups for each instance or function to restrict access to only necessary protocols and ports
  • A Linux server instance deployed in the public subnet for downloading HDP and various configuration files and scripts
  • A cluster with management, edge, and worker nodes
  • Backup data to S3

If no such template exists then anything that could help point me in the right direction would be appreciated (partial template, Hortonworks AWS Quick Start reference guide, etc.)

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: AWS Cloud Formation Template and/or Hortonworks AWS quick start guide

Super Guru

@Mark Thorson what about this one?

Highlighted

Contributor

Hey @Sunile Manjee thanks for sharing; that's a very helpful template. It isn't exactly what I need but it definitely gives me a good start!

Highlighted

Contributor
Highlighted

Guru

@Mark Thorson FWIW, you can also check this Technical Preview. It's not just a CFN template per se, but something to take a look at if you want to spin up prescriptive HDP clusters (for Hive and Spark) on AWS...

http://hortonworks.com/blog/quickly-launch-hortonworks-data-platform-amazon-web-services/

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here