Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

AWS EC2 Instance for HDPCD Practice - which one to select

Contributor

Hello Friends,

Please guide me on this matter.

I have 64-bit computer with Windows-7 and 8GB RAM (only 7G usable).

So, for HDPCD AWS practice exam which EC2 instance would be good ?

Currently there is no option for m3.2xlarge.

So I chose m4.2xlarge, but it is performing very poorly.

Also, c4.large or c5.large or t2.medium , will any of these instances be any good for practice ?

Please suggest.

Thanking you

Santanu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Santanu Ghosh Your machine's configuration doesn't have any say in what instance you can use on AWS. You can choose any.

Coming to your question regarding which AWS instance type you should select, m4.2xlarge is pretty close to what is recommended in version 2 of practice exam guide. I understand that you may not be having a fluid navigation, like say a standalone installation or an actual cluster, but please be noted that this is roughly the kind of experience that you will get in the actual exam. So I will recommend sticking to the current config and try to attempt the given questions within the stipulated time of 2 hours. This is actually getting you ready for the real exam experience and you should include the slow VM constraint into your time consideration when planning your time distribution 🙂

All the very best for your certification exam!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Santanu Ghosh Your machine's configuration doesn't have any say in what instance you can use on AWS. You can choose any.

Coming to your question regarding which AWS instance type you should select, m4.2xlarge is pretty close to what is recommended in version 2 of practice exam guide. I understand that you may not be having a fluid navigation, like say a standalone installation or an actual cluster, but please be noted that this is roughly the kind of experience that you will get in the actual exam. So I will recommend sticking to the current config and try to attempt the given questions within the stipulated time of 2 hours. This is actually getting you ready for the real exam experience and you should include the slow VM constraint into your time consideration when planning your time distribution 🙂

All the very best for your certification exam!

Contributor

Thanks Rahul