Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ability to use Flume in HDP 3.1

Highlighted

Ability to use Flume in HDP 3.1

New Contributor

We have a HDP3.1 cluster but would like to continue using Flume, even though it is now depreciated and not supported by Ambari. Is there any documentation / know ways to add Flume back in to Ambari, such that Flume can be managed through Ambari?

I've tried modifying the Ambari stack definitions but not having much luck as it means I have to pull from both the HDP 3.1 repo and a HDP 2.x repo which seems to confuse Ambari.

We have looked at NiFi as an option as replacement to Flume. Unfortunately, we have a large legacy Flume installation which would have to be migrated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ability to use Flume in HDP 3.1

New Contributor

have u already found one way to meet the requirement? i have the same problem.

Re: Ability to use Flume in HDP 3.1

Community Manager

The above question and the entire response thread below was originally posted in the Community Help track. On Tue Aug 13 15:19 UTC 2019, a member of the HCC moderation staff moved it to the Data Ingestion & Streaming track. The Community Help Track is intended for questions about using the HCC site itself.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here