Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Access YARN and Spark Admin UIs with Zeppelin

Access YARN and Spark Admin UIs with Zeppelin

Explorer

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Access YARN and Spark Admin UIs with Zeppelin

Mentor

@James Srinivasan

Can you be more precise and what do you really want to achieve by that.

Highlighted

Explorer

I would like users writing code in Zeppelin to be able to open the Spark and YARN UIs for their jobs

Highlighted

Mentor

@James Srinivasan

I don't know whether that is feasible hope some HCC member will come to your rescue, that will be an overkill. The easiest and best solution is to give the user the Ambari role "Cluster user" which is a read-only role.
See Ambari-roles

HTH

Highlighted

Explorer

Unfortunately the Ambari users only apply to what users can do through the Ambari UI, not through the Yarn or Spark UI. I think I've come up with an acceptable solution:

1) Create a new 'zeppelin' YARN queue, with all users as administrator and the 'zeppelin' user allowed to submit (altho actually all users seem to be able to submit)

2) Configure zeppelin to submit its applications to the YARN zeppelin queue (spark.yarn.queue)

3) Add users to spark.admin.acls and spark.history.ui.admin.acls

Highlighted

Explorer

Actually looks like #3 overrides #1&2 so that any users can admin any spark jobs (whether submitted via Zeppelin or otherwise), but that will have to do for now.

Highlighted

Explorer

Actually turned out to be way easier than expected - just set spark.modify.acls and spark.ui.view.acls in the Zeppelin config

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here