Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Accumulo permission denied

Highlighted

Accumulo permission denied

Explorer

I am trying to execute below

./bin/tool.sh ./lib/accumulo-examples-simple.jar $PKG.BulkIngestExample $ARGS -t test_sample --inputDir /tmp/bulk -workDir /tmp/bulkWork

Here is the error

=============

Accumulo is not properly configured.

Try running $ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/bootstrap_config.sh and then editing
$ACCUMULO_HOME/conf/accumulo-env.sh

After that I tried running "$ACCUMULO_HOME/bin/bootstrap_config.sh" in my shell

It's asking more questions.

Choose the heap configuration:

1) 1GB
2) 2GB
3) 3GB
4) 512MB
#?

Choose the Accumulo memory-map type:
1) Java
2) Native
#?

Choose the Apache Hadoop version:
1) HADOOP 1
2) HADOOP 2

Please help me on this.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Accumulo setup error

Expert Contributor

You should not use bootstrap_config.sh on a system that already has a configured instance of Accumulo. The error you get is because bin/tool.sh has to be able to find Accumulo client configs via ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR.

Presuming your Accumulo instance is managed by CM you should make sure the node you are running commands on is listed as an Accumulo client gateway node and then use the accumulo-tool command in place of the bin/tool.sh script.

Presuming you have a gateway role configured and ACCUMULO_HOME points at the expected location:

$> accumulo-tool $ACCUMULO_HOME/lib/accumulo-examples-simple.jar $PKG.BulkIngestExample $ARGS -t test_sample --inputDir /tmp/bulk --workDir /tmp/bulkWork

Explorer

Role Name
State
Host
Role Group

Garbage Collector
Started DN1
Garbage Collector
Default Group
Gateway N/A DN1 Gateway
Default Group
Master
Started DN1 Master
Default Group
Monitor
Started DN1 Monitor
Default Group
Tablet Server
Started
Master Tablet Server
Default Group
Tablet Server
Started DN2
Tablet Server
Default Group
Tracer
Started DN1 Tracer
Default Group

As I said, I installed the Accumulo using parcels.
When I ran the command, echo $ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR, I did not get any value.

Expert Contributor

Which host are you running commands on?

From your pasted assignments, it looks like only the host "DN1" has a Gateway role defined. Is that correct?

On a host with the gateway role defined can you copy/paste the output of running "accumulo info"? (It'll render better if you place it in a code block.)

Master Collaborator

@NSU I agree with @busbey , in order for conversations to flow smoothly, please keep one thread per issue.  I have merged the two threads together.

Regards,

Clint

Re: Accumulo permission denied

Expert Contributor

Hello there,

The error indicates that Accumulo cannot find one of its configuration files. How did you install Accumulo - via parcels or packages?

Also, please provide the value of your ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR environment variable, e.g.:

echo $ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR

Bill

Explorer
Hi,

I installed accumulo using parcels.
When ran the echo $ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR,
I did not get value.

Expert Contributor

When managed by CM, ACCUMULO_CONF_DIR gets handled by the gateway role. Accessing it is rolled into the scripts that are exposed on your path. Please move this discussion to the other thread I mentioned for follow up.

Expert Contributor

I think this is the same problem you posted under "Accumulo setup error". Please only post questions once so that discussion can focus on a single thread.