Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Adding host to cluster -- HBase not copying over all jar files

Highlighted

Adding host to cluster -- HBase not copying over all jar files

Explorer

Hi there-

I have added a .jar file to HBase (to work with Apache Trafodion) directory.

Example:/opt/hdp/hbase-regionserver/lib/trafodion-hbase.jar

I have configuration settings added to HBase config to use this jar file for coprocessor actions.

When I add a new node with Ambari this jar file is not copied over as apart of the add.

This could cause problems during operation, as HBase is looking for that jar file.

Is there some place I could copy this file, so that Ambari knows to copy it over?

Thanks! Appreciate any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Adding host to cluster -- HBase not copying over all jar files

No, you will have to manage the deployment of this JAR. Ambari will only be managing JARs that were installed as a part of HDP. Sorry!

Explorer

Thanks a lot for the fast response. Any tips to make sure everything goes smoothly? A good time during installation of the new node to add the file? Thanks a bunch!

You should be able to copy out the jar at your leisure. The worry would be coordinating a restart of all HBase nodes when you update that jar. This is more human-level coordination than anything else, IMO. There are more advanced tools which you could use, but they might end up working against what Ambari is already trying to do.

Explorer

Makes sense, thanks a bunch!

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here