Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Admin session expiration error in HDP AMBARI CONSOLE

Super Collaborator

It never happened before but since I played with Kerberos I am getting this message every few mins in Ambari

10739-capture.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Sami Ahmad the format for kerberos principal is primary/instance@REALM. For admin principals typically the instance is admin. If the REALM is not specified than the default one will be used. Try passing admin/admin into the "Admin principal" field.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Contributor

@Sami Ahmad the format for kerberos principal is primary/instance@REALM. For admin principals typically the instance is admin. If the REALM is not specified than the default one will be used. Try passing admin/admin into the "Admin principal" field.

Super Collaborator

you misunderstood me , i have no issue logging in, its just that it logs me out after every few mins or if try to start some service inside the ambari console . There is no problem with username or password.

Super Collaborator

ok I reset the KDC credentials via the Manage KDC credentials button and I entered principal as admin/admin.

now I am not getting locked out but if I try to reinstall KMS I am getting t he error below .. he is not finding the krb5.conf file . is there a setting in Kerberos which is messed up ? since as I stated earlier the TGT system is working fine on the command level for HIVE n HBASE ?

... 103 more
23 Dec 2016 22:16:33,131  WARN [ambari-client-thread-837] ServletHandler:561 - Error Processing URI: /api/v1/clusters/FDOT_Hadoop/hosts/hadoop1.abc.com/host_components/RANGER_KMS_SERVER - (java.lang.RuntimeException) Update Host request submission failed: org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: The 'krb5-conf' configuration is not available
23 Dec 2016 22:16:33,131  WARN [ambari-client-thread-837] ServletHandler:561 - Error Processing URI: /api/v1/clusters/FDOT_Hadoop/hosts/hadoop1.abc.com/host_components/RANGER_KMS_SERVER - (java.lang.RuntimeException) Update Host request submission failed: org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: The 'krb5-conf' configuration is not available

Expert Contributor
@Sami Ahmad

Could you please try restarting your ambari server once?

Once restarted, can you run service check for kerberos?

Kerberos service check prompts a window where you need to enter your admin credentials for your kerberos.

10764-screen-shot-2016-12-23-at-51450-pm.png

Super Collaborator

I don't see any button to do the "service check " how can I run this check ?

10752-capture.jpg