Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

After enabling HDFS HA mode, I am getting the following error restarting history server

Highlighted

After enabling HDFS HA mode, I am getting the following error restarting history server

New Contributor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 150, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/ambari-agent/lib/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 314, in _call
    raise ExecutionFailed(err_msg, code, out, err)
ExecutionFailed: Execution of 'tar -xf /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz -C /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/mapreduce-tarball-oyaFr3/' returned 2. tar: This does not look like a tar archive
tar: Skipping to next header
tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
1 REPLY 1

Re: After enabling HDFS HA mode, I am getting the following error restarting history server

Super Mentor

@Pawan Patil

Most possible cause of "tar: This does not look like a tar archive" error is that the archive might be corrupted or unreadable.

So can you please check and share the output of the following commands (and match it with the following output) In the node where the failure is being logged?

# md5sum /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz
6362d8aff2639fefe9d56afbcefb565b  /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz

# ls -l /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 308401145 Dec  6  2018 /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/mapreduce.tar.gz

If you see that the md5sum result or file size is not same on the failing node for this file then please copy it from any other cluster node and then retry.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here