Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Alert messages does not be sent

Highlighted

Alert messages does not be sent

New Contributor

I try to send alert message throw OVH mail server but when I configure cloudera to use it I obtain this stacktrace

ERROR org.apache.camel.processor.DefaultErrorHandler: Failed delivery for exchangeId: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Exhausted after delivery attempt: 1 caught: org.springframework.mail.MailAuthenticationException: Authentication failed; nested exception is javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.1 Authentication failed

org.springframework.mail.MailAuthenticationException: Authentication failed; nested exception is javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.1 Authentication failed

at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:392)
at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:340)
at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:355)
at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.send(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:344)
at org.apache.camel.component.mail.MailProducer.process(MailProducer.java:44)
at org.apache.camel.impl.converter.AsyncProcessorTypeConverter$ProcessorToAsyncProcessorBridge.process(AsyncProcessorTypeConverter.java:50)
at org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorHelper.process(AsyncProcessorHelper.java:77)
at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor$2.doInAsyncProducer(SendProcessor.java:104)
at org.apache.camel.impl.ProducerCache.doInAsyncProducer(ProducerCache.java:272)
at org.apache.camel.processor.SendProcessor.process(SendProcessor.java:98)
at org.apache.camel.util.AsyncProcessorHelper.process(AsyncProcessorHelper.java:77)
at org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateAsyncProcessor.processNext(DelegateAsyncProcessor.java:98)
at org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateAsyncProcessor.process(DelegateAsyncProcessor.java:89)
at org.apache.camel.processor.interceptor.TraceInterceptor.process(TraceInterceptor.java:99)
at org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryErrorHandler.processErrorHandler(RedeliveryErrorHandler.java:299)
at org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryErrorHandler.process(RedeliveryErrorHandler.java:208)
at org.apache.camel.processor.DefaultChannel.process(DefaultChannel.java:269)
at org.apache.camel.processor.Pipeline.process(Pipeline.java:125)
at org.apache.camel.processor.Pipeline.process(Pipeline.java:80)
at org.apache.camel.processor.UnitOfWorkProcessor.process(UnitOfWorkProcessor.java:109)
at org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateAsyncProcessor.processNext(DelegateAsyncProcessor.java:98)
at org.apache.camel.processor.DelegateAsyncProcessor.process(DelegateAsyncProcessor.java:89)
at org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationProcessor.process(InstrumentationProcessor.java:68)
at org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.sendToConsumers(SedaConsumer.java:189)
at org.apache.camel.component.seda.SedaConsumer.run(SedaConsumer.java:121)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 535 5.7.1 Authentication failed

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport$Authenticator.authenticate(SMTPTransport.java:648)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:583)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:313)
at org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl.doSend(JavaMailSenderImpl.java:389)
... 31 more

I have try the same parameters with another client , it's work fine

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Alert messages does not be sent

Cloudera Employee

Hello @Gregonmac 

From the Error trace, it can be seen that the Authentication failed while connecting.

We have seen scenarios in the past where the issue is with having special characters in the password. Do you have any special characters in your password? 

If yes, you can give it a try using a below approach:

Encode the password that has special characters.  For example:

a. Password with special characters: 

Aj8T2heD1cLMsV8qKIULn8g/tfy/+VO3yPLbhJfXQ9U7

b. Encode the password with following command:

python -c "import urllib; print urllib.quote_plus('Aj8T2heD1cLMsV8qKIULn8g/tfy/+VO3yPLbhJfXQ9U7')"

c. Use the encoded password in your Alert Publisher settings:

Aj8T2heD1cLMsV8qKIULn8g%2Ftfy%2F%2BVO3yPLbhJfXQ9U7

Let me know if this helps.

Thank You, 

Tarun

Highlighted

Re: Alert messages does not be sent

New Contributor

Thank for your try, but it does not work too.

I try to change my password to ensure to use only digit and character, but no changes

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here