Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Alerts IN Ambari Sandbox[Pls view Attachment]

Alerts IN Ambari Sandbox[Pls view Attachment]

New Contributor

HI ,

I am using HDP sandbox for the first time.. but while opening sandbox as a developer i am getting 27 alerts many of which are in HDFS,YARN,MAP REDUCED , HIVE etc.. Alert window shows mostly as "connection failed to sandbox" .. i have checked the ambari server and agent both are up and running .. version is compatable.. I have attached the screenshots regarding the issue..pls help me out to fix this issue..

alert1.pngalert2.pngAlert3.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Alerts IN Ambari Sandbox[Pls view Attachment]

@Karan_2111   These alerts are indicating that each of the services are not running.   You should try to start HDFS First, then begin to start the rest.   It is likely that your environment running the sandbox does not have enough ram to run the entire stack of services. If you have less than 8gb available to the VM, consider increasing it to 8 or  16gb.

In my experience the sandbox on a 8gb Mac is barely operational with all services running.  I usually install my own cluster with just the services I want (not via sandbox).     

If this answer resolves your issue or allows you to move forward, please choose to ACCEPT this solution and close this topic. If you have further dialogue on this topic please comment here or feel free to private message me. If you have new questions related to your Use Case please create separate topic and feel free to tag me in your post.  

Thanks,

Steven @ DFHZ

Don't have an account?