Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Check out our newest addition to the community, the Cloudera Innovation Accelerator group hub.

All Services are in bad health

Explorer

Hello Cloudera Community ,

So i installed Cloudera CDH 5.15 Single node with 7GB of Ram and 2 CPUs.

After i finished all the steps of installation, all the services are in bad health !

my question is is there a way to change that to good health ? if not , does that affect my work or the working of any of the services ? Screenshot from 2019-05-07 05-42-34.png

1 REPLY 1

Master Guru
> my question is is there a way to change that to good health ?
> if not , does that affect my work or the working of any of the services ?

This greatly depends on what the health failures specifically are. From your screenshot, it appears that your hosts are also showing bad health states, so I would begin there (visit the Hosts tab, click your Host and checkout the alerts shown on the top left panes in the UI) and then move onto the services (repeating the same procedure, but for each service).

Given your metrics from HDFS is flowing normally, the alerts may just be due to some broad host issue such as lack of space, use of swap memory, etc. - which can be addressed independently to resolve the health state.

In most host-level health issues, your services may appear to work fine but the early health warning serves to indicate that a problem may develop in them very soon, and taking a preventive action would be recommended.

Please share your health alert texts or screenshots if you'd like more clarification on how to resolve some of them.