Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

All the custom configuration and interpreters are lost after zeppelin restart

All the custom configuration and interpreters are lost after zeppelin restart

New Contributor

Hi After performing a rolling upgrade from zeppelin 2.6.0 to 2.6.3, all the custom settings or interpreters are lost when zeppelin server is restarted.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: All the custom configuration and interpreters are lost after zeppelin restart

New Contributor

Hi, This is just to inform that the interpreter reset issue is resolved after upgrading the Ambari. I will recommend not to perform an HDP upgrade unless you have upgraded Ambari first.

Re: All the custom configuration and interpreters are lost after zeppelin restart

Rising Star

What do you mean by 'upgrading the Ambari'? We have installed 2.6.3 from scratch are experiencing exactly the same issue, this is: all Zeppelin notebook custom configurations are lost when you restart Zeppelin service.

Thanks.

New Contributor

If you are using Ambari 2.6.0, you can change "zeppelin.interpreter.config.upgrade" to "false" inside zeppelin's advance zeppelin config.

New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same results with HDP 2.6.3 and Ambari 2.5.2.0 - any changes to interpreter settings are lost when Zeppelin is restarted.

New Contributor

Hi Jon, I will suggest you to upgrade you Ambari to 2.6.0 and then you can change "zeppelin.interpreter.config.upgrade" to "false" inside zeppelin's advance zeppelin config. This parameter does not exist in the 2.5.2 Ambari and is included in the latest version.

@Sarfaraj Ahmad , @Jon Rollins, @Fernando Lopez Bello,

From HDP 2.6.3, Zeppelin supports storing notebooks and config in HDFS. The config is not actually lost but is stored in HDFS.

If "zeppelin.interpreter.config.upgrade" is set to true , then the configurations will be stored in /user/zeppelin/conf folder in HDFS and notebooks will be stored in /user/zeppelin/notebook.

You can check it by running.

hdfs dfs -cat /user/zeppelin/conf/interpreter.json
hdfs dfs -ls /user/zeppelin

If you are using Kerberos and still not able to see config changes in HDFS, add these 2 params in Custom zeppelin-config and restart zeppelin.

zeppelin.kerberos.enabled=true
zeppelin.server.kerberos.keytab=/etc/security/keytabs/zeppelin.server.kerberos.keytab

Thanks,

Aditya

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Aditya,

It is not the notebook which is getting lost, it is the interpreter settings and the new interpreters. This does not really get resolved by changing the settings as per your suggestion.

New Contributor

I get this too. Very frustrating.

Any good answers yet?

I have this same problem. Very frustrating.

Anyone got a good answer yet?

Rising Star

Not yet. As of 2.6.4 I still see the issue.