Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari 2.4 - Issues starting the server

Ambari 2.4 - Issues starting the server

New Contributor

Hello everyone!

I am preparing a cluster using Ambari 2.4 to deploy HDP 2.5. The operating system of all nodes is Centos 7. I have found the same issue that has been notified here and it has been fixed hacking the /etc/init.d/ambari-server script, which is broken for (at least) Centos 7 machines. After that change the ambari server is able to start and stop properly.

Now I am trying to add services CASSANDRA and ELASTICSEARCH, following the instructions, which are basically clone the repository in:

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/<version, in my case 2.5>/services/<CASSANDRA | ELASTICSEARCH>

But after doing this, Ambari server is not capable of start properly. The service starts successfully either with 'sudo ambari-server start' or 'sudo systemctl start ambari-server', but after few seconds the process dies and the server is, as expected then, unreachable.

When I check the /var/log/ambari-server/ambari/server.log there is no clear error(s) (to me), yet the server dies.

Anyone could provide some insight here? Have you successfully added these services in Ambari 2.4? How?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ambari 2.4 - Issues starting the server

New Contributor

So as far as I can see here, this issue only happens if I directly clone the git repo to the desired location. If I clone the repo in any other directory then copy the content, there are no issues. Any idea why this happens?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here