Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari 2.5 Stale Alert

Contributor

Hi,

@Bjorn Olsen, I saw your post on https://community.hortonworks.com/comments/102851/view.html where you have mentioned to increase the default alert_grace_period=5 to 10 to get rid of stale alert in Ambari-2.2.

I have Ambari 2.5 setup, i got the stale alert but when i entered in path /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini the default alert_grace_period =10.

So can you please help me to rid of this?

thank you !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Rohit Sharma

Did you perform a Disable and Enable operation on the stale alert definition from ambari UI. Please wait for 10-15 seconds between disabling and enabling the stale alert to see if it gets cleared.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Master Mentor

@Rohit Sharma

Did you perform a Disable and Enable operation on the stale alert definition from ambari UI. Please wait for 10-15 seconds between disabling and enabling the stale alert to see if it gets cleared.

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

It worked for now !!!!!!!!! thanks for the support.....

Contributor

@Jay SenSharma

Sorry to inform you i got this:

19494-ambari-25-stale-alert.png

Please Help !!!!

Thank you

Master Mentor

@Rohit Sharma

If all those stale alerts are coming from any particular host then you will need to check the hostname which is causing the stale alert.

# curl -i -H "X-Requested-By: ambari"-u admin:admin -X GET http://AMBARI_SERVER_HOST:8080/api/v1/hosts

Please list all the hosts using the above curl command (or by opening the mentioned URL in the browser, Where you have logged in to ambari UI) and then match the hosts list to findout if by mistake any unwanted host is being registered. Some times old host can have the ambari-agent.ini entry to point to ambari server.

Contributor
@Jay SenSharma

I can see in the ambari ui that Node 4 in my cluster is giving the STALE alert.

I verified the URL registered hosts and Hosts entry on all the nodes it seems perfect.