Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari 2.5 deploy of hdp 2.6 faiils on RHEL 7 on libtirpc-devel libarary

New Contributor

Datanode install fails 2017-04-13 14:20:28,416 - Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install hadoop_2_6_0_3_8-client' returned 1. Error: Package: hadoop_2_6_0_3_8-hdfs-2.7.3.2.6.0.3-8.x86_64 (HDP-2.6)

Requires: libtirpc-devel
19 REPLIES 19

Guru

@aakash bhatt

Try downloading the library "yum install libtirpc-devel -y", seems like that is whats is complaining about

New Contributor

That would not work, because none of the repos (EPEL,HDP Utils,RHEL Primary) have that library

RHEL has bug fix https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2016-2005.html, cant see to find the rpm though

the one from rpmfind doesnt seem to work since it has other dependency mis-match

BTW it works in Centos/AWS AMI just fine, but we have RHEL 7 requirement

Contributor

Did the documentation got a change?

RHEL 7.x is not present in supported OS section.

New Contributor

I also have this problem, does anyone have an answer to this question ?

Contributor

@ Alexis..... Official Hortonworks documentation did not include RHEL 7.x as supported OS for HDP 2.6

New Contributor

14828-capture-1.png

Doesn't that mean that it is supported ? Anyway it also fails with HDP 2.5 with Error: Nothing to do

Contributor

Oops it might be my mistake.

I will check and will get back to you.

Explorer

There seems to be an confusion here:

Check in below link:

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.0/bk_support-matrices/content/ch_matrices-amb...

CentOS (64-bit)CentOS v7.xCentOS v6.xDebianDebian v7.xOracle (64-bit)Oracle Linux v7.xOracle Linux v6.xSUSE (64-bit)(SLES) Enterprise Linux 12, SP2 for Teradata(SLES) Enterprise Linux 12, SP1(SLES) Enterprise Linux 11, SP4 (HDP 2.2 and later)(SLES) Enterprise Linux 11, SP3 for Teradata (HDP 2.2 and later)(SLES) Enterprise Linux 11, SP1 (HDP 2.2)Ubuntu (64-bit)Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial)Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty)

There is no mention about RHEL7.x

ambari-250-os-requirements.png

Explorer

It seems like below:

RHEL7.x is supported for HDP 2.6 but not for Ambari 2.5.x