Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari 2.6.1 fails to register host via "Add Host Wizzard"

Ambari 2.6.1 fails to register host via "Add Host Wizzard"

New Contributor

When I try to add a new host using the "Add Host Wizzard", providing ssh private key.

The registration fails with:

I see no indication as to why the registration failed. The server is running on Rhel 7, the host I am trying to add is rhel 7
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Ambari 2.6.1 fails to register host via "Add Host Wizzard"

Super Mentor

@sbd4q0 

Can you please check couple of things and share further informations like

1. On the Ambari Agent Host which is failing. Please verify of the FQDN is setup correctly.

# hostname -f
# cat /etc/hosts

# telnet  $AMBARI_SERVER_HOSTNAME   8440
(OR)
# nc  -v   $AMBARI_SERVER_HOSTNAME   8440

2. From Ambari Server please check if it is able to access Agent Ping Port.

# telnet  $AGENT_FQDN  8670
(OR)
# nc -v  $AGENT_FQDN  8670

3. Can you please share the  "/var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log"  to see if it is throwing some errors like SSL related errors.

New Contributor

From the client nc -v host 8440 is successful

hostname is correct and is entered into /etc/hosts

From the server I can not connect to client using nc as the agent is not running

The add host wizard deploys all the scripts and installs the ambari client. However it fails to configure the client. I tried starting the ambari-agent manually on the client. It does run, but is not configure so only using localhost.

The log from the ambari server is attached.  

New Contributor

Looking on the client, I notice there are several scripts the server loads. One of which is os_check_type1576687169.py. This takes one argument, the os of the ambari server.

the agent is on redhat7, the server is on redhat6. When I supply the server's os I get:

"Exception: Local OS is not compatible with cluster primary OS family. Please perform manual bootstrap on this host."

I don't know if the server is running this check remotely, as there are not logs saying what is occurring. Can anyone tell me what sets the server takes to setup an agent, and is the os_check_type script run on the client during the registration step?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here