Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari Admin Account - Hortonworks Sandbox Tutorials on Azure

Ambari Admin Account - Hortonworks Sandbox Tutorials on Azure

New Contributor

I am attempting to complete Lab 2 in the Hadoop Tutorial - Getting Started with HDP and on step 2.6.2 it instructs you to modify two Hive settings using Ambari:

hive.tez.container.size

hive.tez.java.opts

I am logged into Ambari using the maria_dev account and I am using the Hortonworks Sandbox on Azure. The pictures indicate that you need to be logged in as an admin account but I am not sure the user or password combination I should be logging in as to modify these settings. If I don't modify these settings the next query I am to execute fails because of a Java Heap Space error.

The maria_dev account does not seem to have the right privs to edit the configs for Hive.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ambari Admin Account - Hortonworks Sandbox Tutorials on Azure

Try with username admin and password admin.

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work. The return message was "Invalid username/password combination."

Super Collaborator

Go to the terminal and reset the password for admin user. Type the following command:

sudo ambari-admin-password-reset

After resetting the password, go back to Ambari login page and enter the username as admin and password that you just gave. After that, you will have the privileges to change hive configs. Let me know if you are stuck somewhere.