Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Alert send only text on Outlook

Highlighted

Ambari Alert send only text on Outlook

My Ambari Alert work ok, But I have problem when I check email on Outlook.

In I have status icon

11526-ambari-2.png

But when open on outlook, it have only text

11527-ambari.png

Anyone know how to fix this issue ?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Ambari Alert send only text on Outlook

Super Collaborator

Notifications generated from Ambari are done so via a template called alert-templates.xml which can be found in /var/lib/ambari-server/resources. This template uses internal CSS to decorate the HTML elements. The version of Outlook you're using may strip out internal (or all) CSS. You will probably need to adjust this XML file to produce HTML which is compatible with the email clients you're using.

It's also possible that inline CSS would work with Outlook but for some reason internal CSS does not. We can certainly looking into changing the styles in a future build of Ambari.

Highlighted

@Jonathan Hurley

Thanks for quick reply

I found folder /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/ but I cannot see any file like alert-templates.xml

my ambari version: 2.4.1.0

my HDP version: 2.5.0.0

Super Collaborator

My apologies - I had forgotten that we don't ship that file anymore. Instead, you need to provide you own and supply it to Ambari via ambari.properties. Please see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Customizing+the+Alert+Template

However, you can see the one which we use by default here:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/resources/alert-templates.xml

This file uses internal style sheets - Outlook may only like inline styles.

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

I recently had a chance to test this using Outlook 2016 and the emails were displayed correctly. It's possible that it's an issue with your specific version of Outlook or your email provider stripping out CSS.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here