Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari HIVE view

Super Collaborator

Hi All,

While enabling ambari hive view (unsecured hadoop cluster) - as hive user - getting error

Service 'hiveserver' check failed: Cannot connect to hive

I have disabled 'Run as end user instead of Hive user' on HIVE Config and proxy user hive.users and hosts are set to *

pls suggest if there is some way to fix it.

Service 'hiveserver' check failed:
java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to hive

java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to hive
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.message.job.ExecutionFailed.<init>(ExecutionFailed.java:28)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.JdbcConnector.notifyConnectFailure(JdbcConnector.java:385)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.JdbcConnector.connect(JdbcConnector.java:422)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.JdbcConnector.handleNonLifecycleMessage(JdbcConnector.java:179)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.JdbcConnector.handleMessage(JdbcConnector.java:171)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive2.actor.HiveActor.onReceive(HiveActor.java:38)
	at akka.actor.UntypedActor$anonfun$receive$1.applyOrElse(UntypedActor.scala:167)
	at akka.actor.Actor$class.aroundReceive(Actor.scala:467)
	at akka.actor.UntypedActor.aroundReceive(UntypedActor.scala:97)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.receiveMessage(ActorCell.scala:516)
	at akka.actor.ActorCell.invoke(ActorCell.scala:487)

Thanks,

Avijeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

@Avijeet Dash Could you please attach a screenshot of your hive view configuration page?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Avijeet Dash

Confirm HiveServer is running. Can also try restarting the service via Ambari

Super Collaborator

Hi @Scott Shaw, hive server 2 is running file, i can reach by beeline, hive etc. This is happening in 2 hdp2.5 clusters, same issue.

@Avijeet Dash Double-check the jdbc connection for HiveServer2 JDBC URL in the view definition. I've also had luck by creating a new Hive view instance.

Super Collaborator

@ScottShaw no luck, is using hive user OK, or setting up some other user is better?

@Avijeet Dash most likely it is using the account you log into Ambari with. You can try using a different account but to me the errors don't indicate a permissions issue.

Super Collaborator

@Scott Shaw yeah it simply says cannot connect - I tried localhost, 127.0.01, hostname...same error.

Rising Star

@Avijeet Dash Could you please attach a screenshot of your hive view configuration page?

Super Collaborator

@Vaisakh Sundaram pls find attached, I had to hide the host names, but hive2 url is correct, I checked with beeline.

15307-hive-view1.png

15308-hive-view2.png

15309-hive-view3.png

15310-hive-view4.png

Super Collaborator

@Avijeet Dash

As I remember I had problems with Hive View 1.5. Could you try using Hive View version 1.0?