Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Hive View (1.5.0) + LDAP ask for password

Ambari Hive View (1.5.0) + LDAP ask for password

Expert Contributor

Hi guys,

I have Ambari version 2.4.0 synced with ldap. I want to configure Hive View version 1.5.0 with ldap users but I got the error validating the login. On Hive View version 1.0.0 (The same Ambari) it works fine because of use of this parameter:

password=${ask_password}

but in version 1.5.0 it does not work - Ambari does not ask for a password anymore. Is this parameter changed, or disabled?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Ambari Hive View (1.5.0) + LDAP ask for password

Cloudera Employee

Hi @Edgar Daeds:

In the Hive View configuration (Click the button in the upper-right of the Ambari webgui with the username of the Ambari user, select 'Manage Ambari' and then click the Views link), please find the new parameter "Hive LDAP configuration" which by default is set to false. Please check this parameter and set to true and see if this results in the password prompt appearing.

Thank you

Jeff G.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Jeff Groves

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately I can not see "Hive LDAP configuration" parameter. I am using Ambari 2.4.1 with HDP 2.5. Please find attached my screenshots.

11282-hiveview1.png

11283-hiveview2.png

11285-hiveview3.png

11286-hiveview4.png

Expert Contributor

@Jeff Groves

Hive View 1.5 works when I use setting like this:

11287-hiveview5.png

But I want Ambari to ask for a password because obviously every user has different.

Cloudera Employee

Hi @Edgar Daeds

My apologies that the instructions that I provided did not accurately describe the situation.

Please try creating a second Hive View 1.5 instance to see if the parameter appears in a newly created view or not.

Thank you,

Jeff Groves

Expert Contributor

No worries. I created new instance but only the same parameters appear.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here