Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Installation wizard Sandbox HDP 2.5

Highlighted

Ambari Installation wizard Sandbox HDP 2.5

New Contributor

Hello ,

I am facing a special situation , actually I got some problmens with the ambari server which fails to start so I did :

ambari-server reset

ambari-server setup

Now when I access the 127.0.0.1:8080 I got a welcome page asking for the the creation of a cluster by launching the installation wizard . I don't egt the same view that I had the first tieme I used the sandbox

please see enclosed picture for the welcome page I get in Ambari

When I try to add hosts to cluster via ambari ( see the picture below) I got a fail message

ambari2.png

ambari3.png

Any help with hosts adding and do you have an explanation of the ambari web UI modification after the ambari reset/ setup actions

Thanks a lot

Regards

ambari-problem.png

1 REPLY 1

Re: Ambari Installation wizard Sandbox HDP 2.5

Super Mentor

@Haifa Ben Aouicha

Ambari Server stores the information about the cluster (and all it's config version details), Host informations ..etc inside it's Database

The ambari-server reset command will cause the Database to be cleaned up and reset to a state where only the DB schema exist and all the cluster details are wiped up.

You were not supposed to do the "ambari-server reset" , Because you did that hence the cluster information is lost.

If you have captured the Ambari Database dump before doing the "reset" then there was a possibility to import that Ambari DB dump back to the database and you could recover the cluster information.

Currently due to ambari-server reset the cluster information is lost and hence when you logged in to ambari UI it is giving you the option to create a new cluster.

As you are using Sandbox (and i assume you do not have the DB dump collected prior to ambari-server reset) So i will suggest you to Remove your Sandbox image and reimport it to your VirtualBox / VMWare to get the default Sandbox instance.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here