Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari LDAP Sync error: HTTP Error 400: Cycle Detected

Highlighted

Ambari LDAP Sync error: HTTP Error 400: Cycle Detected

New Contributor

Hi,

I have hdp2.4.2 with ambari2.2.2 and trying to integrate ambari with AD. I have run "ambari-server setup-ldap", which updated the ambari.properties. However, when I try to perform a sync either with all or selected users/groups, it throws error.

Syncing all.ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.

REASON: Sync event creation failed. Error details: HTTP Error 400: Cycle Detected

To detect the problem as AD or ambari issue, I reverted ambari.properties to the previous version (without AD settings). And I added just the following property -

ambari.ldap.isConfigured=true

The error comes up again. HTTP error also indicating the same. I couldn't find much help on this.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ambari LDAP Sync error: HTTP Error 400: Cycle Detected

Hello @rkrishna,

I am not sure this is Ambari so much as your setup. A Cycle Detected error normally comes about when you have a proxy pointed to itself. Can you tell me, do you have an ambari proxy set in your /var/lib/ambari-server/ambari-env.sh? If so, did you exclude the ldap server that you configured in your setup-ldap? This might be the issue.

Highlighted

Re: Ambari LDAP Sync error: HTTP Error 400: Cycle Detected

Thank you @Orlando Teixeira. You are right. It was a problem with the network configuration. AD team fixed it.