Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

Highlighted

Re: Ambari Login Page : "Page Can't Be display" Error

Explorer

Hi @Navin Ladda. thanks for the Host port config. Tried but still not able to connect. Please refer to my screen capture. Looks like my service is not up. Am i missing anything in configuration ?

11781-amabri-service.png

Highlighted

@Sasitharan Ravindar

can try below command

su - postgres 
pg_ctl status
pg_ctl start

If above command works please go back to root login and start the ambari server as

ambari-server start
Highlighted

Explorer

Hi @Santhosh B Gowda, attaching the outcome. Where i went wrong ? Thanks

11788-su-command.png

Highlighted

It is "su - postgres" -- There is a space b/w su and hyphen( - ) and postgres word.

Highlighted

Explorer

thanks @Santhosh B Gowda. Executed "su - postgres" . Next, trying to execute pg_ctl, and getting error. My command is wrong again?

11791-pg-ctl-error.png

Highlighted

Explorer

@Sasitharan Ravindar

How are logging onto the terminal/edge node ? If you are not using putty, then download that and use that to login to 127.0.0.1 at port 2222. I feel u are using the Docker Terminal and hence all these command not found errors. If you use putty and run the ambari password set script, then you will also see the ambari service re-started after that. And then you can try to go to your browser and localhost:8081 to see if it loads the Ambari login page.

11792-capture.jpg

Highlighted

Explorer

thank you @Navin Ladda. Installed putty. Not able to set ambari password.

Previously tried to start ambari server manually. showed postgreSQL is failed. This might causing the problem to start ambari?

11802-compile.png

Highlighted

Explorer

@Sasitharan Ravindar

That is odd that you are not able to set the password. I don't have much idea about PostgreSQL server error. Maybe the password needs to be little longer that what you are setting it to. Last resort you can try to reimport the .ova file image in VirtualBox, if you already haven't done that few times (i had to when things were not working). What I have noticed is that you need atleast 12 to 16 gb RAM on your machine as the VM itself needs a minimum of 8 gb. I have set mine to 12 gb as I have total RAM of 16 GB.

The reinstall bit worked for some other user https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/66688/could-not-set-the-password-for-ambari-server.html

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks @Navin Ladda

there is another thread with similar problem

https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/56865/unable-to-start-ambari-server-password-authenticat...

followed the step. Getting another problem. posted in the thread.

I should consider reimport the ova file.

Highlighted

Explorer

@Navin Ladda, i took your advice to reimport the .ova file. Problem solved. After all the trouble. Thank you very much.

11798-solved.png

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here