Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Metrics Error with HDP 2.6.5 running Streamparse based topology on Storm

Highlighted

Ambari Metrics Error with HDP 2.6.5 running Streamparse based topology on Storm

Explorer

Hi ,

I am getting the following error when I run the topology from the streamparse frame work on the HDP 2.6.5 Sandbox.

I resolved all the dependencies and got the jars created but then I am getting the following metrics error .

91616-screenshot-from-2018-10-04-12-12-58.png

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Ambari Metrics Error with HDP 2.6.5 running Streamparse based topology on Storm

Super Mentor

@Mahidhar Vydyam

Please check if you have the following JAR present in your system?

# ls -l /usr/lib/storm/lib/ambari-metrics-storm-sink-with-common*

Else please try to reinstall the metrics sink .

# yum reinstall ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink -y

Highlighted

Re: Ambari Metrics Error with HDP 2.6.5 running Streamparse based topology on Storm

Explorer

Hi Jay ,

Thanks for the response.The location you mentioned like /usr/lib/ I don't have storm but I had it in /usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/storm/lib . I did not find the jar files there but is it the right place to install that jar.

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Mahidhar Vydyam

Do you see following kind of symlink:

# ls -l /usr/hdp/current/storm-nimbus/lib/ambari-metrics-storm-sink.jar
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 70 Oct  4 07:02 /usr/hdp/current/storm-nimbus/lib/ambari-metrics-storm-sink.jar -> /usr/lib/storm/lib/ambari-metrics-storm-sink-with-common-2.6.1.7.1.jar

The JAR version might be different in your case.

Please check if you have installed metrics sink ? The following package is responsible for putting that JAR in place.

# yum reinstall ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink -y

Once you reinstall that package then you should see the symlink created properly. The "ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink" package comes from Ambari Repository so please make sure that the ambari repository is accessible when you try to perform the yum reinstall of the 'ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink'

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/ambari.repo 

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Jay,

When I am trying to reinstall ,it is throwing the error like this .

91625-screenshot-from-2018-10-04-15-28-16.png

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Mahidhar Vydyam

Ok reinstall will not work because the package is not installed earlier. (reinstall works for packages which are already installed) in your case looks like the package was not at all installed. hence you will need to do "install" instead of "reinstall"

So please do this:

# yum install ambari-metrics-hadoop-sink -y

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Jay,

After installation also I could not see any symlink but the jar is created in /usr/lib .

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Jay,

I created the symlink manually and then also I am getting the same error when I ran the topology.

91626-screenshot-from-2018-10-04-16-53-18.png

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Mahidhar Vydyam
It is really not right when you say "I created the symlink manually and then also I am getting the same error when I ran the topology." (because you are not getting the same error now)

Original Issue:

>>> Based on the previously suggested solutions you have already overcome the "ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.sink.storm.StormTimelineMetricsSink" issue.

Your recently reported error is not about the ClassNotFountException rather it is missing "storm-metrics2.properties".

Current Issue:
Storm "StormTimelineMetricsReporter" refers to the file "storm-metrics2.properties" in order to obtain metrics collector details for publishing the Storm Metrics data to the AMS collector.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.6.2/ambari-metrics/ambari-metrics-storm-sink/src/mai...

Usually this file can be found inside the "/etc/storm/conf/" :

# ls -l /etc/storm/conf/
total 24
-rw-r--r--. 1 storm hadoop 1378 Jan 31  2018 config.yaml
-rw-r--r--. 1 root  root  1128 Oct 30  2017 storm_env.ini
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 storm root  616 Oct  4 11:37 storm-env.sh
-rw-r--r--. 1 storm hadoop  360 Jan 31  2018 storm-metrics2.properties
-rw-r--r--. 1 storm hadoop 4742 Mar 12  2018 storm.yaml

So please check if all your Symlinks are pointing correctly as following?

# ls -l /etc/storm/conf
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 34 Feb 19  2018 /etc/storm/conf -> /usr/hdp/current/storm-client/conf

# ls -l /usr/hdp/current/storm-client
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 25 Feb 19  2018 /usr/hdp/current/storm-client -> /usr/hdp/2.6.5.0-292/storm

Highlighted

Explorer

Hi Jay,

I understand that now the problem is different and the storm-metrics2.properties file is missing and I created the other symlinks .

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here