Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari Metrics Monitor won't start

Explorer

I'm trying to run Amrabi metrics monitor on one host from Ambari Web, but get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_METRICS/0.1.0/package/scripts/metrics_monitor.py", line 58, in <module>
    AmsMonitor().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_METRICS/0.1.0/package/scripts/metrics_monitor.py", line 37, in start
    self.configure(env) # for security
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_METRICS/0.1.0/package/scripts/metrics_monitor.py", line 32, in configure
    import params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_METRICS/0.1.0/package/scripts/params.py", line 26, in <module>
    import status_params
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/common-services/AMBARI_METRICS/0.1.0/package/scripts/status_params.py", line 37, in <module>
    kinit_path_local = functions.get_kinit_path(default('/configurations/kerberos-env/executable_search_paths', None))
NameError: name 'functions' is not defined

I've alreadн tried to reinstall ambari-agent, but that didn't help. I've started the monitor manually at this host and I can see the metrics in Ambari Web, but Ambari UI still shows that the monitor doesn't work

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ambari Metrics Monitor won't start

Mentor
@Kirill Elsukov

can you check whether the agent is the same version as ambari server? Can you try to restart the agent on that machine and try again?

Explorer

Yes, I've checked that ambari-server and ambari-agent are the same version. I've restarted the agent but it didn't help, result is the same.

@Kirill Elsukov

Is the environment kerberised? Also what's the Ambari version you are using?

Is this an upgrade environment? Was AMS upgraded as well - refer to Upgrading AMS