Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Not Working after sandbox Poweroff and start

Expert Contributor

Hi,

Amabari stoped working after I restarted sandbox. It was working fine earlier.

[root@sandbox ~]# service ambari-server status

Using python /usr/bin/python2.6 Ambari-server status Ambari Server not running. Stale PID File at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid [root@sandbox ~]#

[root@sandbox ~]# service ambari-server start

Using python /usr/bin/python2.6 Starting ambari-server Ambari Server running with administrator privileges. Organizing resource files at /var/lib/ambari-server/resources... Server PID at: /var/run/ambari-server/ambari-server.pid Server out at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out Server log at: /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log Waiting for server start.................... ERROR: Exiting with exit code -1. REASON: Ambari Server java process died with exitcode 1. Check /var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.out for more information.

Below error is from ambari-server.out

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'ambari'@'sandbox.hortonworks.com' (using password: YES)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Installed new sandbox. Now Ambari is running fine. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Guru

@Tech Guy going forward please do not poweroff your sandbox. use suspend instead to save the machine state. I ran into similar issues many months ago and could not find resolution for sandbox.

Expert Contributor

@Sunile Manjee. What you did to get back to Ambari?

Expert Contributor

@Sunile Manjee I choose to do power off since I got error " Failed to save state of virtual machine Hortonworks Sandbox With HDP 2.3.2." while click on Save the machine state.

Master Guru

@Tech Guy virtual box or vmware?

Expert Contributor

virtual box.

Expert Contributor

Installed new sandbox. Now Ambari is running fine. 🙂

Master Collaborator

after start the sandbox run the following to check the status of Ambari. If any of them is not running, start it again and you should be fine

ambari-agent status
ambari-server status

ambari-server start
ambari-server start