I have gone through the Hortonworks Ambari server setup until Section 3 part 4 'Select Stack'. With the default filling in of the URLs and the deselection of the OS except for the one I'm using, I get
400: Bad Request java.lang.illegalargumentexception: Could not access base [link] . connect timed out errlog-1307.png
Ambari server is running, I am using root user for all of the above commands, and I am using RHEL6
What I have tried:
- Alternative links from page below, all behave the same way.
- service iptables stop : stopped firewall (if there is one)
- wget www.google.com : works, behaves correctly, internet is O.K. Also downloaded ambari using wget with no problems.
- wget http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/184.108.40.206 : resolves proxy, connects to proxy, awaits response and then returns 404 Not Found
- telnet public-repo-1.hortonworks.com 80 : connection times out
I would really appreciate any help or suggestions to find the route of the problem.
It just shows the connection timing out I think... For some reason the timings are all weird as well. Are the tests from the UI URL inserts supposed to appear here too or just from terminal?
Followed the url https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-220.127.116.11/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/_download_the... and it worked fine for HDP 2.3.
Ambari server version is ambari-server.x86_64 0:18.104.22.168-460 and base HDP repo is http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDP/centos6/2.x/updates/22.214.171.124
What is ambari-server version you are using
Yes as I mentioned I made it through to section 3 part 4 'select stack' which is where I'm stuck. So I completed that part of the setup with no problems to download HDP 2.3. I am using ambari server version 2.1.0