Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari UI doesn't show up

Ambari UI doesn't show up

Explorer

88473-screen-shot-2018-09-04-at-103458-am.png

I have set up the sandbox on a machine, and I am able to ssh into the machine using a jump host, however, when I try to login using the ambari UI, I get the following screen with no access to the dashboard or any of the features. I am also not able to login with any other user (like maria_dev) except admin, however, ssh and everything else works for every user. Also, I am able to ssh for all the users only by specifying the port -p 2222 and ssh doesn't work too if I don't specify the port.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Ambari UI doesn't show up

@Sahil M,

Looks like the HDP cluster is not installed. Click on Launch Install Wizard and go through the cluster installation steps. You will be able to see the services up and running after all the steps are done.

-Aditya

Highlighted

Explorer

@Aditya Sirna I do not wish to setup the HDP cluster. I just wanted to deploy a standalone sandbox on a remote machine. I was able to access all the services through the ambari UI a couple of days ago, however, I am getting this screen now whenever I login to my sanbbox. I remember resetting the admin password and restarting the ambari services before this issue.

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Sahil M

Regarding your query:
I get the following screen with no access to the dashboard or any of the features. I am also not able to login with any other user (like maria_dev) except admin, however, ssh and everything else works for 
every user. Also, I am able to ssh for all the users only by specifying the port -p 2222

As you mentioned that you are seeing the screen which is mentioend in the HCC threads description ...
Your issue description and the screenshot indicates that somehow you might have executed "# ambari-server reset" command which will cause the Ambari DB information to be lost. (which means the ambari database is reset to the initial state)

You can verify the same by looking inside the ambari DB:

# ssh .... to your remote Sandbox host
# psql -U ambari ambari
Password for user ambari: hadoop
ambari=> SELECT * FROM clusters;
ambari=> SELECT user_name, user_type, create_time from users;

If you do not see any cluster information there in the mentioned table then it means that somehow the DB information is lost and you will have to reimport the Sandbox image.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here