Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari UI page blank.

Highlighted

Ambari UI page blank.

New Contributor

I have sync a user by ldap "ambari-server sync-ldap --groups /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-ldap-groups.txt"

but when the user login into Ambari UI he is getting complete bank page.

I have done ambari-server restart, But issue is still the same.

Need help!!!!!

capture3.png
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ambari UI page blank.

@Sai Sand

You have just synced the users. Now you have to give permissions to each users/groups by login as Admin. When you login as admin click on admin. You see drop down as 'Manage Ambari' click on it. There you see roles & views to the left. Based on there role, please give access. HOpe this helps you.

New Contributor

Yes that's true, But the problem is that I am unable to edited in the "LDAP Group Membership"

42508-new.jpg

Is there any other way to do it, please let me know.

Super Mentor

@Sai Sandeep

Are you sure that when you ran the "ambari-server sync-ldap --all" command It synced some groups?

Can you check the Ambari UI --> admin (drop down) --> Manage Ambari --> Groups Page to see that your LDAP groups are there?

If not then you will need to check your LDAP settings defined inside the "/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties" to check if the LDAp settings are correctly defined there.

New Contributor

Hey @Jay Kumar SenSharma this issue has been solved.
In the command "ambari-server sync-ldap --groups /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-ldap-groups.txt"

the file ambari-ldap-group.txt was empty, So after adding desire group into that file it was working fine.

Thanks for the help.

New Contributor

Hey @Jay Kumar SenSharma this issue has been solved.
In the command "ambari-server sync-ldap --groups /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari-ldap-groups.txt"

the file ambari-ldap-group.txt was empty, So after adding desire group into that file it was working fine.

Thanks for the help.

Super Mentor

@Sai Sandee

Yes, "sync-ldap" has 3 Option

"--users" to Sync only Users specified in the passed users file.

"--groups" to sync only specified groups.

"--all" to sync LDAP users as well as LDAP groups

Good to know that the issue is resolved. It will be also great if you can mark this HCC thread as Answered by clicking on the "Accept" Button on the correct answer. That way other HCC users can quickly find the solution when they encounter the same issue.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here