Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari Versions hang when using Red Hat Satellite repos

Highlighted

Ambari Versions hang when using Red Hat Satellite repos

Explorer

I installed HDP 2.5.0.3 using local Red Hat Satellite repos. Now if I go to Admin -> Stack and Versions -> Versions it hangs. Also if I go into Manage Versions, the current version is completely blank. I can register a new version and provide details for 2.5.1.0 and it appears fine but if I try to update the cluster to that version I get redirected to the Versions page that hangs. I have done DB queries and don't see anything off there. I have also verified that all nodes are showing the right CURRENT version. The error that I see in developer tools of web browsers is Unable to get property OperatingSystems. Screenshot attached.

17466-ambari-operatingsystems-error.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Ambari Versions hang when using Red Hat Satellite repos

Super Mentor

@Aaron Norton

Can you please share the output of the following two tables?

SELECT * FROM cluster_version;
SELECT repo_version_id, stack_id, version, display_name FROM repo_version;

Sometimes it happens when the cluster_version table does not point to the correct repo_version_id as CURRENT.

- Also can you please try to open the browser in "Incognito Mode" (Chrome) OR "Private Window Mode" in (Firefox)

Highlighted

Explorer

Sorry I replied yesterday but the reply is above.

Highlighted

Explorer

I worked around the issue by using the API to add a HTTP based repository instead of using the Satellite Repo. I would prefer that Satellite repo's actually worked properly but in the meantime this is letting the upgrade go forward. I am now running into an issue during the upgrade with Knox but this is a different issue so I will start a new topic if I can't find a solution on my own.

Highlighted

Explorer
SQL> SELECT * FROM cluster_version;

ID REPO_VERSION_ID CLUSTER_ID STATE
---------- --------------- ---------- --------------------------------
START_TIME   END_TIME USER_NAME
---------- ---------- --------------------------------
         1               1          1 CURRENT

SQL> SELECT repo_version_id, stack_id, version, display_name FROM repo_version;

REPO_VERSION_ID   STACK_ID
--------------- ----------
VERSION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISPLAY_NAME
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              1          2
2.6.0.3-8
HDP-2.6

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here