Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari access through private hostname on aws issue

Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I have created 6 nodes cluster 3 masters and 3 workers on aws using private ip's and vpn etc.. there is no public ip is assigned for the instance.

now i am able to ping the instances using private ip's only when i connect through vpn.

i have changed hostnames and i have added all private ip's and aliases in /etc/hosts file.

my ambari is in one of the master nodes lets say "master01.abc.com". but when i try to access ambari using "master01.abc.com:8080" it is not giving me the access.

when i try to use private ip instead of master01.abc.com i am able to access to it.

now my question is how can i get the ambari access through "master01.abc.com:8080". Please help me how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@kanna k,

Did you make the /etc/hosts entries in your laptop/desktop from where you are accessing the ambari cluster. If not, please add entries in your desktop as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

@kanna k,

Did you make the /etc/hosts entries in your laptop/desktop from where you are accessing the ambari cluster. If not, please add entries in your desktop as well.

Contributor

if i want to give resource manager web ui (8088) to others. do we need to add /etc/hosts entries in their laptops ?

Super Guru

/etc/hosts file just translates the hostname to the ip. Even without the mapping you can open the urls by passing the ip. If you want to access it using hostname, then you need the entries in /etc/hosts files. It doesn't do any access control.

Contributor

Thank you.........it works for me