Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari agent is not exist

Expert Contributor

I'm trying to setup the Ambari agent in each node in my cluster and it works fine for almost all my nodes unless one, when I try to retray the Ambari wizard to fix the problem for this one I get this error:

==========================
Running setup agent script...
==========================

Command start time 2017-12-01 14:52:13
Server error attempting a GET to /rhsm/ returned status 503
Repository HDP-UTILS-1.1.0.21 is listed more than once in the configuration
sed: can't read /etc/ambari-agent/conf/ambari-agent.ini: No such file or directory
('', None)

So obviously this error means therer is no ambari-agent installed in this machine,

so I verified if the agent is installed or not with "yum repolist ambari-agent" it replays that the service is already installed:

Installed Packages 
ambari-agent.x86_64                2.5.1.0-159                      @ambari-2.5.1.0 

and when I tried to install "yum install ambari-agent", I could not, also there is No directory called /etc/ambari-agent/

I thought about reinstall the ambari agent for this node but I m not sure if this is going to be the good decision.

what should I do??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I fix the problem by reinstalling ambari agent manuelly :

yum remove ambari-agent
yum install ambari-agent  

I think that Ambari couldn't remove and install ambari agent if it is not installed correctly at the first time.

so it works manually

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

@yassine sihi,

Can you please check if passwordless ssh is configured from ambari server node to the node where you are facing the issue.

Also check that the hostname which you gave in ambari GUI exists in /etc/hosts and you are able to do passwordless ssh to the hostname mentioned.

Can you also attach the ambari-server.log (/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log)

Thanks,

Aditya

Expert Contributor

I tried all of these before, everything is doing well, I can log in to it just fine without password. but i didn't know why the ambari agent is not installed like it had to.

Super Guru

@yassine sihi,

Server error attempting a GET to /rhsm/ returned status 503

The above looks like a error from RedHat Subsrciption Manager. Can you try installing manually and retry failed nodes from UI

yum install ambari-agent 

Expert Contributor

I fix the problem by reinstalling ambari agent manuelly :

yum remove ambari-agent
yum install ambari-agent  

I think that Ambari couldn't remove and install ambari agent if it is not installed correctly at the first time.

so it works manually