Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari cluster setup is giving 404 immediately after 'Install, start and test' on aws RHEL , with NoSuchParentResource exception, Parent cluster resource not found, no such cluster

Highlighted

Ambari cluster setup is giving 404 immediately after 'Install, start and test' on aws RHEL , with NoSuchParentResource exception, Parent cluster resource not found, no such cluster

New Contributor

I am getting the error :

"status" : 404, "message" : "org.apache.ambari.server.controller.spi.NoSuchParentResourceException: Parent Cluster resource doesn't exist. Cluster not found, clusterName=mycluster. Cluster not found, clusterName=mycluster". and Once I press Ok, it stays on the Install, Start and test screen with Next not enabled and I cannot click on any of the options. There are two nodes to be setup and it shows waiting for both the nodes but there is nothing listed under waiting.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ambari cluster setup is giving 404 immediately after 'Install, start and test' on aws RHEL , with NoSuchParentResource exception, Parent cluster resource not found, no such cluster

@Ganapathi D

ambari-server reset then try to install the cluster again.

Re: Ambari cluster setup is giving 404 immediately after 'Install, start and test' on aws RHEL , with NoSuchParentResource exception, Parent cluster resource not found, no such cluster

New Contributor

We ran into this issue moving from the Customize Services page to the Review page during installation. The issue appears to be that the "next" link is enabled before the back end processes have completed their setup. If you wait about a minute after the page resolves, then it will go through without any issues (you don't even have to select the "Next" option, it will move to the next page by itself.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here