Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari component installation failed :parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

Highlighted

Ambari component installation failed :parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

Explorer

HDP components installation is failing after it installaed a few. IS there any order in which I need to specify the hostgroups or the component names in a HA cluster?cluster-config.txt (config.json) This is the error I see on the UI.

parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Ambari component installation failed :parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

Super Mentor

@Swaapnika Guntaka

Looks like in your blueprint you have added "HDFS_CLIENT" for hostgroup "hostgroupm3" twice. So please remove the duplicate.

{
              "name" : "HDFS_CLIENT"
            }

Also please share the complete error stack trace of the error and also please share the hostmapping json as well.

Highlighted

Re: Ambari component installation failed :parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

Explorer

53384-hdfs-client-failed.png

@Jay Kumar SenSharma I removed the duplicate. but the HDFS_CLIENT installation is failing with the error.

All the installs after this are failing. I used HDP-2.6 where blueprints is installing 2.6.4. Here's my hostmapping hostmap.txt. Here's the error log errorlog.txt from the ambari UI. And here's complete UI output log.var-lib-ambari-agent-data-output-46.txt

parent directory /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf doesn't exist

hdfs-client-failed.png

Explorer
yum -y erase hdp-select

did the magic. Since I did a previous install and uninstalled and installed again.

Highlighted

Contributor

dont understand why this is needed , but , it did it.
thanks