Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari displays incorrect disk space

Contributor

Hi Team ,

we have 2 node cluster with HDP version 2.5.3.0 and Ambari 2.4.0.1 and each data node is having almost 21TB of disk capacity.

But in Ambari web UI it displaying incorrectly as 29.2 GB.

12473-disk-remaining.png

Please help.

Many Thanks.

12474-disk-2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

In HDFS -> Configs, check have you assigned your disks as NameNode and DataNode directories. In particular, in DataNode dirs. you should have one directory for each of your disks you want to be used for HDFS. In your case 10-11 of them, all except the one for the OS. Ambari is aware only of disk space assigned in this way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Master Guru

In HDFS -> Configs, check have you assigned your disks as NameNode and DataNode directories. In particular, in DataNode dirs. you should have one directory for each of your disks you want to be used for HDFS. In your case 10-11 of them, all except the one for the OS. Ambari is aware only of disk space assigned in this way.

Expert Contributor

Check the directories entry assigned in HDFS config, Ambari will consider only these directory space,for reference check the below image,12481-untitled2.png

Master Guru

That's strange. Can you check 2 more places: (1) on Ambari Dashboard, put the mouse over "HDFS disk usage", what do you see there for DFS used, non DFS used, and remaining? (2) HDFS -> Quick Links -> NN UI, what's your "Configured capacity"?

Contributor

Hi All ,

i just found the solution one of my team member forgot to include datanode disks in (dfs.datanode.data.dir).

Thanks.

Master Guru

Good to know! Then, please considder to upvote and/or accept my first answer above. Tnx!

Contributor

Accepted ,Thanks 🙂

Explorer

I faced this issue recently. Turns out that one of my datanodes was decomissioned (due to earlier maintenance). You might try checking the list of datanodes from the dfshealth page. Using default ports, for me it was:

<<mynamenode>>:50070/dfshealth.html#tab-datanode

That would list the datanodes and their status (active, decomissioned, space, etc...)

Also note that recent versions of Ambari will give that link under HDFS Summary "Quick Links" dropdown (its called "Namenode UI")