Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari fails to install Ranger KMS, "config validation failed"

Explorer

When trying to install Ranger KMS via Ambari I get an error pop up that config validation failed and the following error:

File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/./../stacks/HDP/2.2/services/stack_advisor.py", line 906, in validateHiveServer2Configurations
    if hive_server2[prop_name] != prop_val:
KeyError: 'hive.security.authorization.manager'
21 Sep 2015 08:52:28,874  WARN [qtp-client-2798] AbstractResourceProvider:90 - Error occurred during validation
org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.stackadvisor.StackAdvisorException: Stack Advisor reported an error: KeyError: 'hive.security.authorization.manager'

Ambari does actually progress to the next Configure Identities screen regardless however.

3 REPLIES 3

which version of ambari are you using because this issue was fixed as part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11982

Explorer

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for replying. I have installed Atlas-Ranger Sandbox named "HDP-Atlas-Ranger-TP.ova" for a quickRanger POC. And the Ambari Server/Agent version that i can see is

ambari-server-2.1.0-1470.x86_64

HDP stack version is 2.3.99.

Any workaround for this? Do i need to update stack?

either you can upgrade ambari and stack or it is also ok to proceed with next step and go for installation , because i dont think it will impact any functionality

; ;