Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari fails to install Ranger KMS, "config validation failed"

Highlighted

Ambari fails to install Ranger KMS, "config validation failed"

New Contributor

When trying to install Ranger KMS via Ambari I get an error pop up that config validation failed and the following error:

File "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/scripts/./../stacks/HDP/2.2/services/stack_advisor.py", line 906, in validateHiveServer2Configurations
    if hive_server2[prop_name] != prop_val:
KeyError: 'hive.security.authorization.manager'
21 Sep 2015 08:52:28,874  WARN [qtp-client-2798] AbstractResourceProvider:90 - Error occurred during validation
org.apache.ambari.server.api.services.stackadvisor.StackAdvisorException: Stack Advisor reported an error: KeyError: 'hive.security.authorization.manager'

Ambari does actually progress to the next Configure Identities screen regardless however.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ambari fails to install Ranger KMS, "config validation failed"

which version of ambari are you using because this issue was fixed as part of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-11982

New Contributor

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for replying. I have installed Atlas-Ranger Sandbox named "HDP-Atlas-Ranger-TP.ova" for a quickRanger POC. And the Ambari Server/Agent version that i can see is

ambari-server-2.1.0-1470.x86_64

HDP stack version is 2.3.99.

Any workaround for this? Do i need to update stack?

either you can upgrade ambari and stack or it is also ok to proceed with next step and go for installation , because i dont think it will impact any functionality

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here