Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari has 2 Standby HBase Masters

Highlighted

Ambari has 2 Standby HBase Masters

Explorer

When we take a look at HBase UI everything is normal (active-standby). We've also checked via command line and it's normal (active-standby). We checked Ambari, but it says both are in Standby mode. How can we fix this?

5733-two-standby-hbase-masters.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Ambari has 2 Standby HBase Masters

Can you share what version of Ambari (and/or HDP) you're running?

Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply!
  • HDP-2.3.4.7-4
  • Ambari 2.2.1.1
Highlighted

Super Guru

@Ace @Josh Elser

I believe you are hitting AMBARI-4604.

Description:

I have a 3-node cluster deployed, with two HBase Masters. The Ambari API also shows that c6403 is the active master and c6401 is the standby master (see metrics.hbase.master.IsActiveMaster), but the UI is not reflecting this (showing that both c6401 and c6403 are standby maters).

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for the link sunile. Though ambari version I have is 2.2.1.1, looking at the patch and the current source for 2.2.1.1 it should be resolved though. What I see weird is that the API call for the host_components doesn't include the IsActiveMaster metric. Anyone finding the same problem?

Highlighted

Agreed. A fixVersion=1.5.0 for AMBARI-4604 is definitely not the root cause if you're running 2.2.1.1

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here