Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari in unstable state after upgrading to HDP 3.1 with mpack 3.3

Ambari in unstable state after upgrading to HDP 3.1 with mpack 3.3

Explorer

Recently I upgraded my cluster from HDP2.6.5 to 3.1. Ambari does not recognize 3.1 as the currently deployed version, however when I go to each node and use hdp-select it shows 3.1 as the current version for all components. Additionally Ambari does not display the config for any component, and any component metric is stuck at the spinning/waiting icon. The metrics are working for general node information (cpu, mem, disk).

When I try to use ambari-server set-current I get a 500 return. In the logs I see

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: If updateResources is not overwritten, then updateResourcesAuthorized must be overwritten associated with the request to set-current.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this so that the stack version can be properly set? I am thinking that that is the main reason that the rest of ambari is behaving oddly.

Note: I followed the steps in

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/65957/hdp-upgrade-failed-on-finalize-upgrade-step-error.h...

and there is still an issue with displaying metrics data, displaying configurations, and the actions dropdown.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here