Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari "Add Service Wizard" stuck on Configure Services

Highlighted

Ambari "Add Service Wizard" stuck on Configure Services

When installing any additional component on Kerberized cluster, Ambari "Add Service Wizard" is stuck at "Customize Services" screen. I applied few changes from "Customized Services" and click ok. Now, wizard is stuck with "Next" button spinning. I have tried multiple times with different users as well with different services. Problem is consistently appearing.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Ambari "Add Service Wizard" stuck on Configure Services

Mentor

@Shishir Saxena

After kerberizing an HDP cluster all consequent components added will generate corresponding Principals and keytabs. During this time your KDC should be running ad reachable.

1. One thing you could do is roll back the kerberization
  2. Restart the cluster.
  3. Check that you can login kadmin.local
  4. Grab a valid ticket with kinit to see all is okay
  5. Retry adding the component and use the correct root/admin@REALM credentials

Please let me know

Highlighted

Expert Contributor
@Shishir Saxena

As per your description, This looks to me most likely case of some JavaScript error in ambari-web (bug).

if you can let us know what version of ambari you are using and the JS error trace that you are hitting, it will help us debug further in the issue and verify if it's a known issue or not.

you can fetch JS error by using google chrome and executing same steps. Before you click next, please open developers tool of chrome and look for console tab. you can also filter the level to Error, so other info level information is not dumped and you are only presented with JS errors. Also clicking on that error should navigate to the code that is throwing that error.

Highlighted

Super Mentor

@Shishir Saxena

Please executed the following SQL commands On the Ambari DB to find if there was any host in "OUT_OF_SYNC" state? Any host which is pointing to the Current (latest repo_version_id) should not be in OUT_OF_SYNC state by any chance. Please share the output of the following commands.

> SELECT * FROM host_version;
> SELECT host_id FROM host_version WHERE state = 'OUT_OF_SYNC'
> SELECT host_id, host_name FROM hosts where host_id IN (SELECT host_id FROM host_version WHERE state = 'OUT_OF_SYNC');

Also, If any maintenance mode host is there then before adding new service to the cluster try to set the Maintenance Mode for that host to "ON" and then added the services. You can find Maintenance Mode related infor in the following Table of ambari DB.

SELECT * FROM hoststate;

New Contributor

127001-1505879646980.txt

I met the same question.

I cannot add any service on ambari

please help me thanks