Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari runs very slow

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Ambari runs very slow

New Contributor

I am a begineer to Hadoop and im taking Hortonworks Sandbox tutorials . Ambari server runs so slow , hive , pig , every job every service , it loads and run very very slow , example if i run a simple select query of 10 rows , it takes tike to execute . My question is : is it okay with this , or do i have to install specific tools for different tasks ,like i`ve seen a tutorial when it is saying that qyering with beeline tool is faster , or do i have to execute everything with Putty , or to continue working in Ambari server http://localhost:8080/ . I appriciate every explanation . Thanks for time .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ambari runs very slow

Super Mentor

@voca voca

How much free memory do you have remaining in your Sandbox VM?

Can you increase the RAM and then try.

5 REPLIES 5

New Contributor

i just have to figure out that i use oracle vm virtualbox , so is this issue related with that , or network ,or laptop , or what ?!

Super Mentor

@voca voca

How much free memory do you have remaining in your Sandbox VM?

Can you increase the RAM and then try.

New Contributor

how i can know how much free memory i have ?

Super Mentor

Linux commands:

To check memory

# free -m

To check if CPU resources are enough

# top

Else try to stop unwanted services that are running on your sandbox to free some resources.

New Contributor

free -m shows 115 free i have 6 running services everyday. ill try to increase ram there

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here