Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari server timed out waiting for metrics

Highlighted

Ambari server timed out waiting for metrics

New Contributor

Whenever I tried to assign more than 3-5 hosts to a config group, ambari server would timed out with this error "14:57:40,393 ERROR [qtp2032601831-333] BaseProvider:143 - Timed out waiting for metrics." then stopped responding until I restart the server. This makes it impossible to assign hosts to different config groups.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Ambari Version1.7.0

HDP 2.2.4

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ambari server timed out waiting for metrics

Hi @Joanne Chan and welcome to HCC! Ambari-1.7 is an old version of Ambari and has a number of bugs related to config groups. Instead of trying to sort them out it will be the best to upgrade to the latest version of Ambari-2.2.1.1. You can find details here. You can keep on using HDP-2.2.4 but you can also easily upgrade HDP later using Rolling or Express upgrade. Also, Ambari-1.7 was still using Ganglia but your error message implies an Ambari metrics related error. Are you still using Ganglia? Either way, upgrading Ambari is your best and fastest option to get rid of those errors.

Re: Ambari server timed out waiting for metrics

New Contributor

Yes I am still using Ganglia. Thanks for the quick response @Predrag Minovic I will upgrade our Ambari version then.