I heard that by starting the ambari server we can access hue automatically. but i cant access it from the given url : http://127.0.0.1:8888/. what should i do to get into hue?? please help me.
Thanking in advance
Can you check if the HUE process is running using below commands -
1. Check hue service status using below command -
[root@sandbox ~]# /etc/init.d/hue status supervisor (pid 5288) is running... [root@sandbox ~]#
2.Can you check if the HUE process is running using below commands -
$ netstat -taupen |grep 8000
[root@sandbox ~]# netstat -taupen |grep 8000 tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8000 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 1003 35244 5297/python2.6
Get the PID from above command, in my case its 5297 -
DO ps on the PID -
[root@sandbox ~]# ps -aef |grep 5297 hue 5297 5288 0 May23 ? 00:01:55 python2.6 /usr/lib/hue/build/env/bin/hue runspawningserver
Make sure the process is running.
2. Login to sandbox cli and try telnet o the hue port - It should display output as shown below -
[root@sandbox ~]# telnet localhost 8000 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost. Escape character is '^]'.
You might need to install telnet package for this - "yum install -y telnet"
Can you paste the output of above commands here.
1. Also pls do #/etc/init.d/hue stop
2. Make sure the process is stopped in #ps -aef |grep hue
3. /etc/init.d/hue start
Pls send this output also.
you can start hue by
[root@sandbox ~]# /etc/init.d/hue start
If you are unable to access Hue web UI and using HDP 2.4 or higher the below steps might help
1. Shut down your VM.
2. Go to your VM Settings->Network->Adapter 2 and check 'Enable Network Adapter' & Attached to: Bridged Adapter, Name: <wireless adapter>
3. Click Ok and start your VM
4. Start hue as stated above and check your ethernet address using 'ifconfig' command. Should be something like 192.168.xxx.xxx
5. Hue Interface should be accessible at ethernet_address:8000