Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari settings after database restore

Rising Star

I had to restore an Ambari database backup, which was a bit behind the current cluster status. Will the Ambari restore "rollback" config changes upon cluster startup, and if so is there a way to "refresh" Ambari with what's current in the cluster. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Thank you both for your help. Support case was escalated and received excellent guidance for getting Ambari back in sync. The primary resolution for the sync issue raised here was executing $ ambari-server upgradestack HDP-2.3

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Master Mentor

@Brenden Cobb Are you upgrading ambari? Whats the previous and latest version?

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_upgrading_Ambari/content/_ambari_upgrade_...

2.3.2 is HDP version

2.2.0 is Ambari version

Rising Star

Nope, not upgrading anything. Ambari database stack options:

select * from stack;
 stack_id | stack_name |  stack_version
----------+------------+-----------------
        1 | HDP        | 2.3
        2 | HDP        | 2.1.GlusterFS
        3 | HDP        | 2.2
        4 | HDP        | 2.1
        5 | HDP        | 2.0
        6 | HDP        | 2.0.6
        7 | HDP        | 2.3.GlusterFS
        8 | HDP        | 2.0.6.GlusterFS

Rising Star

Also:

$ ls /usr/hdp
2.2.0.0-2041  2.2.4.2-2  2.3.2.0-2950  current

Where current is correctly pointing to 2.3.x

Master Mentor

@Brenden Cobb Are you doing this in production? We need to escalate this as p1 case so that someone from support can help you. HDP 2.2 vs. 2.3 under current...This is not good

Master Mentor
@Brenden Cobb

since this is after-effect, I'd open a ticket with support. In my experience, i would backup all configs on every node, then try to restart agent on one node at a time as agent will advertise current config on a node to ambari server. Once you confirm everything is restored for that node, you can go to next node.

Rising Star

Thanks I will keep that in mind as I progress. Support is not very helpful at the moment..that's why dropped by.

Master Mentor

@Brenden Cobb which region are you in? You can tail the Ambari server log for configbstatus. @Mark Herring

Rising Star

I'm in the Northeast. Thank you for the tips.

Master Mentor

@Brenden Cobb no problem, I escalated your issue to get proper attention. I'm in Northeast, if you have similar issues, you can reach out to me directly. Also, please post your current status as this thread also needs to know the solution :).

Master Mentor

@Brenden Cobb please escalate your case to level 1.